Friday, August 31, 2012

Ramen!

Mmmm. We went out to eat tonight. There's a ramen shop that everyone calls Thunder Ramen because it has a lightening bolt on it's sign. It was the most amazing ramen I've ever had. I could get through a lifetime of college if all the ramen came like this stuff.
It was also the first time I sat at a traditional Japanese style table. My feet fell asleep. Shaun said his legs were cramping by the end of the meal. I don't know what he's complaining about because he was allowed to sit cross-legged.
They had these adorable little chairs for kids. Hobbette enjoyed them. She also liked bean sprouts and had no qualms about telling the whole restaurant. Very loudly. "Inside voice" had no effect but to be honest she wasn't as loud as Hobbit. He also was excited to be out of the house.

We built a fort today. It was another hot day and I was a little concerned about spending too much time in the sun so I opted to play indoors today rather than take her to the playground across the street. Hobbette was a little confused about what I was trying to accomplish at first and was undoing the work. Then when I finally got the sheet on top she laughed and ran under it. We had story time and snack time in the fort but it didn't last much longer than that. She eventually ended up just sitting the in middle of a pile of pillows and sheets.

No comments: