Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First night...


The first night was a little rough in the new house... 
It was my fault. We got home, I showered because it felt like I hadn't in three months, and we ate at home. Our first meal was Japanese fast food. Shaun ran out and got food so we could recover from our flight for a while. Very thin slices of beef on a bed of rice with a teriyaki sauce. It was really good and probably a lot healthier than American fast food. Hobbette scarfed the meat like there was no tomorrow but tried to shake the rice off her fingers. Then I decided it was nap time. Hobbit fought two burps the size of grizzly bears and then passed out. Hobbette struggled through her bottle before passing out herself. I told myself that I'd take a little nap just to recharge my battery. That was at 3. When Shaun came in to wake me a 4 there was no way I was leaving that bed without one of us losing a limb. He made the wise choice. No one moved for a good six hours. By then it was dark so we changed diapers fed Hobbit and convinced everyone that it was still bedtime. We only woke up once more around 2 and then then kids made it until morning. It was rough for me because I didn't know where light switches were, (for some reason the bathroom lights are outside of the bathroom...) I kept forgetting the diapers in other rooms because I hadn't gotten around to unpacking luggage yet and I haven't figure out the best way to keep Hobbette asleep but still hear Hobbit when he wakes up in the middle of the night. As a result, whenever I got up with Hobbit, Hobbette also woke up. I'll get things worked out eventually...

No comments: