Saturday, August 25, 2012

Festival!

Today was the Misawa City Festival. There were three parades back to back: a costume parade, a dance parade, and a float parade. It was pretty hot and someone didn't get their afternoon nap so we only stayed for the costume parade.
It was... interesting.
We saw power rangers, and characters I'm pretty sure are from an anime, and then a long line of guys dressed in what appeared to be long skirts. Until they turned around. Then you saw skin. I think they were wearing the traditional uniform of a sumo wrestler.
There was an entire street lined with venders selling all kinds of things. Trinkets, little guppies, fried foods, octopus balls and noodles. We decided to try a Japanese pancake. It was filled with noodles and cabbage and topped with a fried egg, ham and a white sauce. It was good. Even Hobbette liked it.

For supper I cooked the prawns. I had no idea what I was doing. They were so big I thought I could just steam them like crawfish; head, legs and all. I was also paranoid about accidentally eating them under cooked. As a result I'm pretty sure I over cooked them. And next time I would definitely shell them before cooking. And I'll probably find a recipe instead of guessing. But at least I'm planning on having a next time so it wasn't a complete failure.

No comments: