Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cry baby

"Was I the only one who felt like I couldn't let my kid cry in the Cry Room?"
My husband asked me that after church today. I have to admit... he wasn't the only one who felt that way. We made it halfway through mass before Hobbette started getting cranky (it was her nap time) so Shaun went to check out our new church's cry room. I stayed for a while longer before Hobbit started to complain that he was hungry. So, I joined Shaun... And a whole bunch of other families as well.
It was packed. Standing room only. Forget trying to sit to breast feed. But it wasn't like the rest of the church was so full they couldn't sit with the rest of the congregation. 
And it was quiet. Well... Except for Hobbette who was in the process of telling the room how excited she was about the chairs that were her size. 
I proceeded to bounce, walk, shush, jiggle, sway, and anything else I could think of to calm Hobbit down. Then I noticed that some parents were taking their children out into the hall. Wait... what? Parents took their crying babies out of the cry room to cry in the hall? But... it's a cry room. You were suppose to take your crying babies into the cry room to cry... 
Needless to say I ended up in the hall with the other crying babies and eventually found a conference room with a free seat to breast feed at. I didn't get to participate in the rest of mass but from what I could tell it was nice. Shaun said he liked the choir, so that's something.

No comments: