Friday, January 25, 2013

Don't cry at the nice old lady!

We went to the nursing home today.
Hobbit stole the show. Unfortunately he wasn't happy about it. Two very nice old women simply loved him. They wanted to hold him but he wasn't going to have any of that. He wasn't even sure he wanted to sit on the table in front of them. Touching his toes was definitely out. 
There was a lot of lip trembling. And a few tears.
But they still loved him.
My son's a mamma's boy.
Hobbette had a good time as well. It took a little while to warm up but she eventually said "Hi" and "Bye." A nice woman gave her a cup of clear soda of some kind which she did pretty well with. But some did end up on her sleeve and the floor. 
She also got a cupcake... I think she ate half of the cupcake wrapper as well...
Then I did something terrible. I made breakfast for supper. We had pancakes. We got home late, kids were hungry and Hobbit was tired and still a little upset about getting to know little old ladies. So I needed a quick solution and pancakes are pretty quick and easy. And Hobbette loves them. 
I was brought up that breakfast should have breakfast food and supper should have supper food. And never the twain shall meet. Oh, well. I'll just be sure not to make a habit of it.

No comments: