Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bored?

What is this? What's this strange feeling? I think I'm... Can it be... I'm... BORED!
It turns out my husband contributes a great deal to my entertainment value. He's gone for a while, enjoying seafood and a beautiful beach and I get to play single mom. In all honesty, my routine hasn't changed that much.
Except for some strange reason things stay clean longer. 
Which you wouldn't think was a problem. It's not. Don't get me wrong. I couldn't be more satisfied than when my house is orderly. But now that my house stays tidy with less effort... 
Let's just say I've started to clean things that don't normally get cleaned. Like Shaun's sock drawer. I've started making the bed. I suddenly have time to put on makeup. I've completed projects that I've put off for months. I swept the balcony... Today I bought a can of compressed air so I can dust our computers.
And this whole time I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something. I use to be so busy... What happened? The laundry still gets done. I still do the dishes every day. The children get diaper changes and fed. Their naps still take the same amount of time.
But Shaun's not around to play games or read books or talk to during their naps...
So, I do projects or clean or put on makeup instead...
I think I'd rather have the companionship than the time.
I miss my husband.

No comments: