Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Come back wagon!

Ok. I fell off the face of the world for a bit, so here's what has happened.

Friday: I gave myself the day off. I decided I wasn't doing anything. No cleaning, no laundry, no cooking, no going anywhere or doing anything. Hell, I wasn't even going to get dressed. So, of course, that's the day my family wants to see me. And, of course, my laziness was noted.

Saturday: I didn't get back on track. That's the thing about falling off the wagon... it's really hard to get back on. House work began to pile up. But we did go to church because the masses on Sunday were canceled because of the air show. It was... horrific. It was packed, people were hungry and Hobbits were tired. We survived.

Sunday: Got up ridiculously early because Shaun needed to be at work for the big air show and he couldn't park anywhere close. So, being the sweet wife that I am, I got up at 3 to drive him there. The Hobbits were not happy. It went down hill from there. I had planned to see the air show... but one of my tires on the stroller was flat, Hobbit wouldn't stop crying unless I was holding him which meant I only had one hand. Only having one hand makes normal things, like getting dressed and going to the bathroom, suddenly very tricky. When he finally fell asleep and I wasn't going to be the one to wake him up to go for a walk to see loud jets and loud people. I decided there was always next year. I managed to survive the rest of the day.

Monday: I closed the curtains. I was embarrassed about the state my house was in. That wagon I fell off of is now miles away.

Today: I caught up to the wagon. I got most of the laundry done and most of the kitchen cleaned. I felt comfortable enough to open the curtains again. Hobbette's new favorite word is cookie. And she knows where I hide them. I can't go to the kitchen without nearly tripping over her in her effort to get in front of me so she can point at the cupboard I hide them in and yell "Cookie!" She gets two for her afternoon snack and you should see the grin on her face when shouting "Cookie!" actually gets her a cookie. So, now she tries it all the time... In the morning, when I make lunch, even immediately after she eats her cookies. The crumbs are still on her face and she's shouting "Cookie!" again. Good thing she hasn't made the connection about ice cream yet.

No comments: